Gecko Labs Limited (“we/us/our“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together, where applicable, with our GeckoEngage Service terms and conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Gecko Labs Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 08167863 and its registered office at 86-90 4th Floor Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE.
In processing any personal information we collect from you or you provide to us, we shall comply with the Act. The term ‘personal data’, when used in this policy, shall have the same meaning as provided in the Act.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you which you submit via our website at www.geckoengage.com (“Website“) and/or in relation to the use of our GeckoEngage service (“Service“):
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use any service or facility available on the Website, downloading from the Website, or making an enquiry. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your transactions.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Where you place an order with us or otherwise purchase our services, confirmation of your payment.
- Information you provide to us (whether via the Website or otherwise) in relation to the provision of the Service.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Our Website uses certain cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our Website, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Website and also allows us to improve our site. The cookies we use are “analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. You can change your website browser settings to reject cookies although this may impair the functionality of our Website.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Where you require that we delete any personal data which has been provided by you or any third party end user of Service, we will comply with any written request to do so. All personal data you have supplied to us in using the Service will be deleted on termination of the provision of the Service to you.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to the Website. To enable us to provide the Service and comply with our obligations under the Agreement we enter into with you to provide the Service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Gecko Labs Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org
the Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any requests that are deemed to be excessive might incur additional costs to cover our expenses in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.