Time for a new adventure – VP of Digital Strategy
Starting today, I will be the new VP of Digital Strategy at Gecko. Having been on my own for the past 9 years as a higher education digital engagement consultant, the time felt right for a radical leap.
I was so impressed with both the technology and people at Gecko when I spoke at the annual client forum in March that I pitched the idea for this job earlier this summer. I asked my new boss if I could come work with him and his awesome team…and he said yes!
— GeckoEngage (@geckoengage) March 5, 2019
What does a VP of Digital Strategy do?
Well, it’s my first day, so there’s a lot of ground to cover, but here’s a quick snapshot of just a few of the things that I’ll be working on:
- Representing Gecko at various higher education events as a featured speaker
- Writing blog posts about all things related to HE + digital transformation
- Working with institutional leaders on how chatbots can benefit their school within a variety of functional areas
- Providing thought leadership on social media, webinars, and workshops for all things having to do with GeckoEngage’s technologies
- My role will be a remote one, based in the U.S., but with ample opportunities for global engagement
My first event for Gecko will be the NACAC National Conference this week in Louisville.
Please stop by booth 469 and say hello!
Just seen this photo of the venue we’re hosting our #NACAC2019 drinks reception in, on Wednesday 25th – absolutely stunning!! If you’re not already on the guest list then sign up! Oh and there’s a free bar too 🥃🍷🍸🍺 https://t.co/i9UOV3x6Ch pic.twitter.com/cpVyTg5joF
— Matt Lanham (@mattlanham) September 17, 2019
You can read more of my thoughts about higher education + chatbots in the Ultimate Guide to Chatbots for Higher Ed. I wrote the foreword to this exceptionally useful guide for anyone in HE who wants to learn more about how chatbots can enhance the student experience.
The Ultimate Guide to Chatbots in Higher Education is crucial reading for anyone working in higher education and offers an in-depth look at what chatbots are and how they have evolved. 🤖📱🎓 https://t.co/HTqhto8C2n
— Eric Stoller (@EricStoller) September 22, 2019
GeckoEngage provides live chat, chatbot and event management technology for higher education. If you would like to find out more about our technology, why not schedule a demo?